Thursday, February 4, 2010

O is for Olympics

Ever since the day my brother stepped on to a long skinny snow board he knew he wanted to go to the Olympics; he was seven years of age. Since that day he has worked so hard to achieve his goals. He is now so close to his dream. At the upcoming, legendary 2010 Olympics in Vanouver he is fore running the Men's Parellel Giant Slalom evnet. The hill that the actual Olympians' boards will carve across, the same hill where the Olympians will speed down, his board will glide and race down as well.

This amazing, amazing experience for my brother is very near. The race is on February 27. I can't wait to see my brother burst forward in his career right before my own eyes. Althought this will be the highlight of our Olympic experience, it isn't the only thing that we are going to see while were there.

Besides the men's and women's snowboarding events, we are also seeing some other amazing sports. We have tickets to also watch Speed Skating, and Curling. Speed skating should be really exciting. From experience I think that it would be hard and require a lot of balance. I think this because at gym class I tryed speed skates.

When I tryed speed skates it was so much different. When I was in them I could feel the sharper blade carve the ice, it felt amazing. But if I was skating at those speeds I would be so afraid.

When we see curling I won't know what to think because I know nothing about it. So before the Olympics I think I will need to do some research on Curling so that I'm not going to be completely lost in the sport.

The Olympics will be such a cool experience and I am really excited about it. After the Olympics there will be a lot of good memories to tell. but first I need to get there.

Life Lesson: that when you have an opportunity like going to the Olympics you should enjoy what happens and don't take it forgranted.

No comments:

Post a Comment