Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Empathy

Being able to write a good story, with good ideas and also trying to make it intresting is a pretty hard job. But to add to all that work its even harder to write a good story with good empathy examples. Thats alot of work to do to put toghether a not just good story but an amazng story. The real question is how do you make an amazing story. We all know how to make a great plot and make it intresting, your imagination, but the real question is how do you make great empathy.


Reading alot of diffrent books gave me some ideas. Like the books the Breadwinner or even New Moon. By reading these books i have learned alot about writting about empathy. One of the paragraphs in the book The Breadwinner made me feal empathy. " Chapter 11, PAGE 121, paraghraph 4: Parvana and Shauzia stayed huddled around people's feet, listening to the sword thwack down on six more arms" By reading the paragragh it made me feel sad and made me imagine if I were in their shoes. I would feel terrified and scared. I would also wonder if that would happen to my father because he was in prison. This is what this piece of writting made me feel.



Another piece of writing that made me feal empathy was in the secual to Twilight, New Moon. Because it was a sechule you hade a lot more background information and you already have feelings for each and everyone one of the characters. " Chapter 3 (the End), Page 73, Paraghraph 1: I thought he was reaching for me, too. But his cold hands locked around my wrists and pinned them to my side. He leaned down, and pressed his lips very lightly to my forehead for the briefest instant. My eyes closed. " Take care of your self" he breathed, cool against my skin. There was a light, unnatural breeze. My eyes flashed open. The leaves on a small vine maple shuddered with the gentle wind of his passage. He was gone." This passage made me feel sad and even made me cry. only because of how they wrote it and with the chemistry that i already new was between the two characters.


By reading these two books and more there was alot ofthings that i took away. Like how to write a good quality empathy passage. both of these writters created it by using alot of diffrent techniques. Some of the techniques were they used alot of descriptive words and they also flowed into the paragraph so it made sense in the story and thay tried and seccseded to put the reader in the main characters shoes. All these wonderful techniques that I've learned i will use in my writting like the recent writting assignment. Now we've answered the question.




No comments:

Post a Comment